The Leisure Boat Sector
The Leisure Boat Sector
Apulia is characterized by its strategic geographic position, as a bridge between East and West, a gateway to the Balkans, a coastline that stretches for some 865 km, 3 major ports (Bari, Brindisi and Taranto) and 6 minor. The combination of these features, the beauty of the sea, a year-round mild climate and a great many ports, marinas, natural harbours and landing stages, together with a modern and dynamic industrial system, has turned Apulia into the perfect place for leisure boating to flourish.
Tradition, innovation and everything in between is the key to Apulia’s leisure boat sector. It is a sector that fosters research and innovation, moving the traditional production network towards increasingly advanced technological procedures that make full use of innovative materials and environmentally sustainable components resulting in lighter but stronger boats that use less fuel.
The boating industry business cluster
The Boating industry Business Cluster has the aim of sustaining the marine and boating sector related to tourism, which is another important component of the regional economic system.
Its strategic objectives are:
- Business Systems: favor the birth of new entrepreneurial approaches that reinforce the existing actors and at the same time generate new activity in the marine-relate productive sectors.
- Recreational port and marine tourism systems: favor the integration and development of the marine sectors related to tourism, to strengthen the offer and improve the quality or regional tourism services.
The cluster includes 151 companies, 8 Research centres, universities and training institutions, 18 government agencies, union and sector -business associations.
For further information regarding the initiatives of the Apulian Boating Industry Business cluster: firstname.lastname@example.org
Video Leisure Boat Sector
- L’innovazione pugliese al Wired al Wired Next Fest di Firenze
- Country Desk ed Esperti Internazionalizzazione in Fiera del Levante - Bari, 10/14 settembre 2018
- Country Presentations e Seminari in Fiera del Levante - Bari, 10/15 settembre 2018
- Convegno "Destinazione Australia: Commercialisti ed Imprese verso i mercati esteri" - Bari, 2 ottobre 2018
- FDL 2018: Pad. Internazionalizzazione - Più di 700 imprese e 41 Paesi ai desk
- PES 2: Momad Metropolis - Madrid (Spagna), 8/10 febbraio 2019
- PES 2: Hannover Messe - Hannover (Germania), 1/5 aprile 2019
- PES 2: Prodexpo - Mosca (Russia), 11/15 febbraio 2019
- PES 2: Who's Next - Parigi (Francia), 18/21 gennaio 2019
- PES 2: Missione itinerante in Polonia per le Biotecnologie - Cracovia/Lodz, 18/20 novembre 2018