The Leisure Boat Sector
The Leisure Boat Sector
Apulia is characterized by its strategic geographic position, as a bridge between East and West, a gateway to the Balkans, a coastline that stretches for some 865 km, 3 major ports (Bari, Brindisi and Taranto) and 6 minor. The combination of these features, the beauty of the sea, a year-round mild climate and a great many ports, marinas, natural harbours and landing stages, together with a modern and dynamic industrial system, has turned Apulia into the perfect place for leisure boating to flourish.
Tradition, innovation and everything in between is the key to Apulia’s leisure boat sector. It is a sector that fosters research and innovation, moving the traditional production network towards increasingly advanced technological procedures that make full use of innovative materials and environmentally sustainable components resulting in lighter but stronger boats that use less fuel.
The boating industry business cluster
The Boating industry Business Cluster has the aim of sustaining the marine and boating sector related to tourism, which is another important component of the regional economic system.
Its strategic objectives are:
- Business Systems: favor the birth of new entrepreneurial approaches that reinforce the existing actors and at the same time generate new activity in the marine-relate productive sectors.
- Recreational port and marine tourism systems: favor the integration and development of the marine sectors related to tourism, to strengthen the offer and improve the quality or regional tourism services.
The cluster includes 151 companies, 8 Research centres, universities and training institutions, 18 government agencies, union and sector -business associations.
For further information regarding the initiatives of the Apulian Boating Industry Business cluster: email@example.com
Video Leisure Boat Sector
- Fiera del Mare di Taranto: International Forum “Blue economy: volano per lo sviluppo competitivo del territorio”
- SMAU 2019 (22-24 ottobre) - Manifestazione di interesse per le startup della Puglia
- Successo delle startup pugliesi al Gitex Future Stars di Dubai
- International Forum alla Fiera del Mare di Taranto, 18 ottobre 2019
- Workshop del Progetto europeo TRITON sulla pianificazione costiera - Bari 1 ottobre 2019
- PES 2: Collettiva Wine Paris 2020, Parigi (Francia) 10-12 febbraio 2020
- PES 2: Prodexpo Mosca 2020, Mosca (Russia) 10-14 febbraio 2020
- PES 2: Incoming Agroalimentare, Bari 29-30 ottobre 2019
- PES 2: "Corso Innovare per crescere" - Brindisi 29/31 ottobre 2019
- PES 2: Salòn Nautico, Barcellona (Spagna) 9-13 ottobre 2019