Home Interiors Sector
The home systems sector
Apulia has a long-established tradition of locally manufactured products for homes and buildings that has helped to build its reputation abroad. In 2013, thanks to the outstanding design and excellence of sectors such as the living-room furniture sector, Apulia’s furniture exports accounted for 4.2% of Italy’s total exports, a significant result in view of the global economic situation.
The home interiors sectoris now part of an integrated production chain comprising design, production and marketing. The offer is constantly evolving: upholstered furniture, kitchens, custom-made furnishings, environmentally friendly furniture, domotics, building components, windows and doors, and lighting, the main sectors.
The various manufacturing districts are located in different areas: upholstered furnishing and custom-made furniture is mainly produced in the Bari and Murgia area; window and door frames, and custom-made furniture are produced near Lecce as are building components, which are also made in the Taranto manufacturing district.
In order to make homes smart we need to promote industrial research and innovation. Regional government recognises the importance of these areas, allocating considerable public incentives to them, and considering them drivers of the region’s development, along with internationalisation.
The Woodworking and Furniture Business Cluster
Apulia’s Woodworking and Furniture Business Cluster was created in 2010 under regional law to contribute to the development of this sector by focussing on the continuous product and process innovation of the member businesses, on internationalisation and specialist training of workers.
The Cluster comprises 114 enterprises, 2 research centres and universities, and 5 union and sector business associations.
For more information: www.distrettolegnoarredo.it
Home systems sector video
- COATurier - Incoming operatori esteri nel settore Moda, Martina Franca 29 settembre - 3 ottobre 2021
- Delli Noci in diretta Instagram sui prossimi progetti per lo sviluppo della Puglia
- Diretta Instagram con l'Assessore Delli Noci - 27 aprile 2021 alle ore 17:00
- Delli Noci: "La Puglia della Meccatronica e dell’ICT ad Hannover Messe"
- BIAT 2021 - Borsa dell'Innovazione e dell'Alta Tecnologia, 22-24 settembre 2021 - Presentazione Progetti
- PES 2: Valmont Barcelona Bridal Fashion Week - Barcellona 18/20 luglio 2021
- PES 2: Evening Dresses Show 2021, Salerno 1-3 settembre 2021
- PES 2: NATEXPO PARIGI 2021 - 26/28 ottobre 2021
- PES 2: Phenomena 2021 - Missione Incoming nei settori fashion, food e design _ Pescara 9/11 luglio
- PES 2: Incontri B2B con buyers internazionali - settore agroalimentare 2021